Saturday, November 23, 2019

Coated pomfret fry

          As sea foods are my all time favorite's.  Once I visited fish market in my childhood, I was delighted to see pomfret fish which attracted me of its diamond  shape. There  I thought what might be its taste when its appearance is so pleasing. I wished to cook and serve this fish when  I grow up. 

          From my child hood to parent hood many things have changed unlike our mom's and granny's we are exposed to many exotic  food recipes from world over thanks to technologies. 

                   This fine morning I went to fish market saw the fisher woman selling pomfrets which suddenly caught my attention. Asked her to clean and pack two pomfrets for me. 

         
      I followed the same procedure as I use to fry any other kind of fish.

Preparation time -    ⏱️  30minutes
 Cooking time-          🕧  20 minutes

 Total time-                ⏱️ 50 minutes
     Serves-                       4    👩‍👩‍👧‍👦---

  Ingredients  for first marination 

Pomfret                         500 grams
Red chilly powder        2  tea spoon
Table salt                      1  tea spoon
Turmeric                       A  pinch
Fresh hung yogurt       1 cup
                                 

Ingredients for second  marination  

Lemon juice                        2 tea spoon 
Garam masala powder.    half  tea spoon
Ginger garlic paste            2 tea spoon
All purpose flour                2 tea spoon
Cornflour                             2 tea spoon
Rice flour                             1 tea spoon
Curry leaves                        a few
Green chillies                      a few small cuts
 Frying medium
1--2cups coconut oil    



       Marinate about fifteen
 minutes in each stage. All these  ingredients make rich crispy  coating.
                   
                          METHOD
                  Take a medium sized deep frying pan heat any vegetable oil here I am using coconut oil because sea foofs tastes great with coconut oil as it is the staple cooking oil for costal regions, deep fry pomfret pieces one by one it may take about 3-4 minutes for cooking each side depending upon the size of the pomfret pieces. 
                  Important note is pomfret has  delicate lean flesh so spices chilly and salt should be moderate never too heavy,  neither it should be over fried.
     
           
               In the mean time I cooked Rice and  Dal tadka. In my  first attempt   I enjoyed every moment of cooking and serving pomfret it came out crispy outside buttery inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cluster beans/Guar/chavalikai masala

          Cluster beans are also known as Guar, Gowar, chavalikai they contain rich fibre essential for maintaining good digestive system.Cl...