Where ever I see lush green shepu/sabbassige /Dill leaves l remember my Mother-in-law in spite she was a good hand in cooking shepu/sabbassige junka was her signature dish. We also call junka as Alan . Alan bhakri tops in the breakfast list of my in-laws. We never cook junka without shepu/sabbassike because junka tastes like plane gram flour to us. Our Ancestors were migrated from Maharashtra now living in Karnataka so we are in the advantage of knowing both cuisines.
TIME TAKEN
Preparation 15 minutes
TIME TAKEN
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 10 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
Cuisine Maratha
Recipe Mother-in-law
Author Suma Shekhar
Utensil used heavy bottom
Non stick pan.
Mixer Grinder
Difficulty level Moderate
I will show you cooking junka in two easy stages. I am using chikpeas (putane in marathi hurigadale in kannada ) as base for junka. I am using small quantity of spices because the piquancy and aroma of shepu/sabbassige should not be suppressed.
Total time 25 minutes
Cuisine Maratha
Recipe Mother-in-law
Author Suma Shekhar
Utensil used heavy bottom
Non stick pan.
Mixer Grinder
Difficulty level Moderate
I will show you cooking junka in two easy stages. I am using chikpeas (putane in marathi hurigadale in kannada ) as base for junka. I am using small quantity of spices because the piquancy and aroma of shepu/sabbassige should not be suppressed.
Mixing Stage :Ingredients
Chikpeas 1 cup
Water 3 cups
Water 3 cups
Ginger pea size
Garlic 3 pods
Cloves 3
Cinnamon small piece
Salt to taste
Turmeric a pinch
Shepu/sabbassige 2 bunches chopped
Onion 1 big small chopped
METHOD
* Dry grind in mixer jar the chikpeas along with ginger+garlic+clove+cinnamon.
* take a medium size mixing bowl add dry ground chikpea flour +shepu/sabbassige +onion +salt + turmeric mix water slowly little by little let the chikpea flour absorb water slowly without leaving lumps.
Cloves 3
Cinnamon small piece
Salt to taste
Turmeric a pinch
Shepu/sabbassige 2 bunches chopped
Onion 1 big small chopped
* Dry grind in mixer jar the chikpeas along with ginger+garlic+clove+cinnamon.
* take a medium size mixing bowl add dry ground chikpea flour +shepu/sabbassige +onion +salt + turmeric mix water slowly little by little let the chikpea flour absorb water slowly without leaving lumps.
Cooking stage: ingredients
Onion 1 finely chopped
Green chillies 5 finely chopped
Edible oil 2 table spoon
* Take a heavy guaged non stick medium sized pan heat oil saute onions and chillies till onions become translucent



No comments:
Post a Comment